At the recently held Innovate 2.0 Virtual Conference, we were joined by industry experts from Iceland, Waitrose, and more, to deliver a clear message for the Consumer Goods industry – that it’s time to evolve innovation for the future.
See the highlights below…
Our industry experts spoke on a variety of topics surrounding CPG innovation. We heard about;
Adapting innovation at large retailers, specifically:
- Iceland’s methodology on launching brands and evolving innovation whilst keeping the customer at the centre of process, and not settling for “business as usual”
- Waitrose’s tailored approach to product innovation and the importance of continuing to learn from wins and failures, aiming to get products right each time
- How the pandemic and changing legislation (e.g. recent HFSS regulations) have affected innovation at these retailers
Improving Innovation Processes, by:
- Applying an Agile methodology to Stage gate / Waterfall processes – Bill Harte delivered key insight on how to integrate an Agile mindset within traditional organisations – watch the replay here
- Utilising data and technology to reach success – hear more about it in the replay by Ingo Reinhardt, Buynomics Founder
We also heard more about embracing data and intelligent innovation in an intriguing session by Ben Davies, Vypr Founder and the host of the Innovate Conference.
The applicability of Behavioural Science to product development, ranging from:
- How only listening to direct consumer feedback without interpreting through a lens of Behavioural Science can be a major mistake when trying to create successful products
- How setting consumer expectations in elements of product design can lead to more positive outcomes
- Simple tests you can get started with
It was great to see so many organisations at the event, and we look forward to seeing you when the Innovate Conference is back next year – keep up to date with us at https://innovate-future.com/